Gemba Academy presents an online, on-demand, video-based course on the basics of Kata coaching | News
Gemba Academy’s new Coaching Kata Essentials course provides effective training to improve kata skills, meet individual challenges and increase organizational coaching capacity
KELER, TX, May 13, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — Gemba Academythe world’s largest provider of continuous improvement training and certification, Lean and Six Sigma, now offers an online, on-demand, video-based course on Essential Kata Coaching. Part of a larger whole Toyota Kata Training framework, this new course aims to develop the learner’s kata improvement skills, enable them to meet their challenge by achieving a series of target conditions and increase the coaching capacity within the organization so that more of leaders can practice, teach, manage and improve using the patterned kata.
“Coaching Kata is a set of practice routines for teaching scientific thinking,” explains Kevin Meyer, co-founder and partner of Gemba Academy. “This new course describes the main objectives and activities, the characteristics of the coach-learner relationship, the deliberate way in which questions are used and how this contributes to establishing a culture of continuous improvement.”
The Gemba Academy Coaching Kata Essentials course consists of 18 parts:
- What is the training kata?
- What is expected of a kata trainer
- What it takes to be a kata trainer
- Coaching to understand the challenge
- Coaching to grasp the current condition
- Process Analysis Kata Coaching
- Accompaniment of the next target condition
- Coaching to identify obstacles
- Coaching to plan the next experience
- What is a coaching cycle?
- How to do coaching cycles
- What is the Five Questions Kata Coaching Card?
- Coaching to reflect on the last experience
- How kata coaches ask clarifying questions
- How to Use a Kata Coaching Notebook
- Coaching to reflect on the kata improvement cycle
- What is the role of the second trainer in the kata?
- How to use the coaching cycle observation form
Prerequisites for the practice of Coaching Kata include first-hand experience and skill in the Improvement Kata. Trainers should be intimately familiar with the patterns, stages, forms, and activities of the Improvement Kata.
“Learning to think scientifically has been one of the biggest breakthroughs in my continuous improvement journey. That’s why I’m so excited to release our Coaching Kata Essentials course,” says Ron Pereiraco-founder and partner of Gemba Academy.
For more information on Gemba Academy’s full range of course offerings, please visit https://www.gembaacademy.com/.
To register for the Gemba Academy Coaching Kata Essentials course, go to https://www.gembaacademy.com/school-of-lean/toyota-kata/coaching-kata-essentials/what-is-the-coaching-kata.
About Gemba Academy:
Gemba Academy aims to help individuals and companies develop an organizational culture of continuous improvement. Founded in 2009, Gemba Academy now offers over 2,000 training videos on Lean, Six Sigma and continuous improvement. To learn more about Gemba Academy’s online content, flexible training, expert coaching and certifications, please visit https://www.gembaacademy.com/.
Kevin Meyerco-founder and partner of Gemba Academy LLC, 1 888-439-8880 ext: 102, [email protected]
SOURCE Gemba Academy