SC Chester High School Extra Security After Snapchat Threat

0

title=

One person was pronounced dead following a shooting in north Charlotte on Monday afternoon, according to CMPD. No other details were disclosed by the ministry.

The Wichita Eagle

Additional security measures are in place at Chester High School on Tuesday morning after a Snapchat threat was discovered, sheriff officials said.

Chester County Sheriff Max Dorsey said a social media message was sent overnight. Chester MPs are investigating and have put in place additional safety and security measures at the school, Dorsey said.

“Additional measures are in place to ensure security while we investigate the origin of the message,” Dorsey said.

Details regarding the threat and the message, as well as the specific security measures applied, have not been made public.

The sheriff’s office issued a social media message on Facebook and Twitter about the threat to inform the public about extra safety at school.

Chester County School District spokesperson Chris Christoff said Tuesday morning that the school and district are aware of the potential social media threat and are working with law enforcement. The district doesn’t think the threat is credible and will advise parents and the public as the day progresses, Christoff said.

The district released a statement to parents and the public via social media Facebook on Tuesday morning at around 9 a.m.

“CCDS received information earlier this morning regarding a threat to Chester High School. Law enforcement officials have been briefed and additional security measures have been put in place to ensure the continued safety of all students and building staff.

“At this time, the threat is not believed to be credible, but the district will continue to work with law enforcement partners as the investigation continues. Updates will be posted as needed throughout the day.

The threat is the second at school in a month.

In September, an 18-year-old was accused by deputies in the sheriff’s office of transmitting false information about a destructive device after a bomb threat.

Check back for updates on this developing story.

This story was originally published 5 October 2021 8:58 a.m.

Andrew Dys covers breaking news and public safety for The Herald, where he has been a reporter and columnist since 2000. He has won 51 South Carolina Press Association awards for his coverage of crime, race, justice and people . He is the author of the book “Slice of Dys” and his work can be found at the US Library of Congress.



Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.